Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 13, 2012

Week of January 9, 2012

What a busy week it has been!  It was a short week for us due to our County Show.  I feel like I was going non-stop all week.

I found these penguins from this blog.  We didn't paint the snowflakes in the background due to not having the time to complete it.  We did these at the end of math and since we are currently discussing fractions I gave them step by step instructions involving fractions (ex. fold your sheet into thirds and tear off one third).  They really enjoyed making them and were disappointed when they did not stay in the hallway long.  Here is one of the ones that we did:





We discussed cause and effect this week during reading I have seen a far greater version of this on Pinterest (the source was not named.)  It was one of those last minute ideas and the kids LOVED it!  They loved coming up with funny and silly effects of what would happen if they brought a mouse to school.  I had a hard time finding anything free for this idea but luckily I stumbled onto this.  You could elaborate on this and even come up with cuter images I'm sure but this was one of our finished products:




I also wanted to share this picture of one of my Mon-"stars" and her Christmas gift that we made the parents this year.  They are ornaments shaped like gingerbread people for each family member.  I did bow-ties for the males and hair bows for the females.  I strung them together with Jute.  The ornaments are made out of craft glue, cinnamon, and applesauce they smell great!  I found the recipe on Martha Stewart's website.  They were a lot of work but it was definitely worth it!




I'm really excited about this next week in my classroom I have found lots of neat things and I look forward to sharing them with you next week!  Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment