Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Snow Globes, Snow Paint and Google Docs.

It has been a very strange day starting with our classroom heater breaking and only blowing cold air.. BURRR!

I have been looking for ways to share things with my parents (if kids don't make it home with something) that way they can grab it all in one place.  I tried drop box but for some reason that was too complicated for my mind to handle yesterday and then it hit me. GOOGLE DOCS.!  Parents also ask for ways that they can help their child with extra practice and I decided maybe I could try to start making extra things to share with them.  So after talking to Mrs. Lemons at stepintosecondgrade I set out on my own adventure and made my own time practice sheet.  It is very basic and not that fancy but you can grab it here (this is just a link to that worksheet.) There are still some kinks to work out but over all I would say my first one was a success. 

For access to the whole file folder of second grade information click here

Last Friday as a writing activity with my kids I asked them what they would do if they lived in a snow globe.  Then I asked them to write the ideas in their writing portfolios and to circle their favorite one.  We then created snow globes out of construction paper and drew the picture of what we would do if we lived in a snow globe.  This one was one of my favorites:



We also received our compliment party on Friday (we received five compliments from other people at school on our behavior, manners, etc. they have been working on this since August.) They would get really close to five and then lose them for not behaving for a sub. etc.  We made snow paint from a simple recipe I found on Pinterest these were some of my best pictures:
The kids loved it!  It dried a puffy white and had a cool texture lots of giggles were had during this activity and I LOVED IT! It was a great end to a great day.  I have a few more cool activities for the week that I will post on Friday.  It's very rainy and cold here I'm trying not to complain because we definitely need the rain in Texas! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment