Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week of January 23

Last week was a very interesting week to say the least!  Between cheerleading practices and basketball games I was wiped out! 

I took a step in the direction of creating my own worksheets.  I bought a clip art book with a cd to upload them to my computer.  They are just basic Scholastic clip art materials but it is a start.  That way I can see if I can justify paying for clip art in the future.  There are some really cute clip art items out there that I want really bad but I think it's best to just wait and see what I come up with.  I made a Groundhog day packet for Thursday so I will have to see how that goes I can't wait to see what Valentine's Day ideas I come up with!

Time is a big area of struggle for my class right now.  One day they understand it the next they don't.  I found this idea on Pinterest and this seemed to help my Mon-"stars" out quite a bit.  Her face is covered because she didn't want to be seen in the picture. 


I am definitely more than ready to move onto graphing information this week!  During reading we began to discuss sequencing.  While reading A Trip to the Emergency Room in our books I had this idea for a foldable.  I opened up Microsoft Word and drew a cross shape (like the red cross) and printed off a class set of copies.  I let the kids use that for their pattern on the outside folds we wrote First, Next, Then and Last.  On the inside we wrote the order that things happen at the ER.  This is how they turned out:



I am so excited to use my Groundhog Day activity packet I made this week.  I will be sure to also post pictures of the groundhogs that I found on First Grade Parade's blog later in the week!  Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment