Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 23, 2012

MLK Week (January 16, 2012)

Last week was a very busy week! 

Monday was Martin Luther King Day so we accomplished a few MLK activities.  We talked about his life and about how life was for people of color.  We read Happy Birthday Martin Luther King and then talked about our dreams for the world.  Some of the dreams were really sweet and some made me giggle.  The idea came from Pinterest but the link wouldn't take me to anything active that was still working.  Here are our Martin Luther Kings.



These were a few of my favorite ones:


L to R "I have a dream that everyone will respect each other"
           "I have a dream that we can have doughnuts every day for breakfast at school"
           "I have a dream that school would be all about crafts"

We accomplished this along with my earlier post from last week.  I'm hoping to start a drop box for my parents to find information as well (Parent notes, school supply lists etc.)

One last little bright spot of my week a friend built a step up for my Promethean Board.  It was painted lime green and I added hot pink polka dots.  The kids were so excited because they could write on the board whenever things are positioned higher.


We earned our compliment party this week so I will have snow paint pictures to post soon :) I found the recipe on Pinterest so I hope it turns out really cool!

Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment