Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 2, 2012

T.G.I.F

I don't know about ya'll but man it was a week!  I had 3 out pretty much every day except for Thursday (which was a half-day) and today!  Monday was pretty laid back and quiet the week didn't get slammed until Tuesday.

Tuesday we had STAAR training and all I can say is man oh man am I glad I don't have any kids that are being tested!  I have to prepare them for next year but still it's nice not to have that added pressure!  I also had to prepare for my evaluation Wednesday along with morning duty.  I have no idea why, but I was extra nervous about this evaluation. 

Tuesday was also my "dogter" Bernice's birthday :)  Yes, I am one of those nuts that treats their dog exceptionally well.  However she does not wear clothes mainly because she is a self proclaimed nudist.  Anytime I ever put any clothing item on this dog she will have it off in 5 seconds.  Therefore I say she is a self proclaimed nudist.  She turned 2 on Tuesday and here is a quick picture!


I have seen so many cute Suess things!  I have decided that next year I will definitely be participating in celebrating his birthday!  Everything was so cute and I definitely had Seuss envy all week! 

Wednesday as I said was my evaluation.  I still don't exactly know how it went but hopefully it went okay.  My technology just wouldn't warm up even my stolen  borrowed ELMO had a hard time warming up.  I assure you it never has before but of course the day of an evaluation it would.  I used my geoboard and it seemed to be a big hit so crossed fingers and prayers are appreciated.  

Thursday was a half day it was A-MAZING!  I got so many things accomplished hardly any of my kiddos showed up but thankfully the ones that I needed to visit with did :)  I finished next week's lesson plans, copies, and even laminated things.  Yes I Emily laminated something instead of just assuming I could reprint it later.  I am not very talented at using a laminator in the first place (if that is a talent which I think it is!) and our laminator at my school well let's just say it's a challenge to use.  The only cool thing about it is that it is purple.  My third grade teacher friend and I also got our field trip planned and we decided on the Dallas World Aquarium!  I am PUMPED I love manatees and I get to see them again! 

Today was a disaster in a nut shell.  I was exhausted and probably a bit cranky, but it was a long day!  I had one of my students tell me he had sexy legs today.  I'm not going to lie I about peed myself I was laughing so hard.  He said it out loud in class and everyone was freaking out all I could do was tell him that was probably not the best choice of words.  This then sent several children into singing I'm sexy and I know it.  I'm not going to lie I find just about everything that this child says/does HILARIOUS and I have a hard time getting on to him because I just crack up.  Any suggestions on how to remedy that?  
For math today since my c-scope was a 2 day lesson (I don't like breaking things up like that over the weekend) we made shape monsters.  We made them out of construction paper and then wrote what shapes we used and totaled the polygons at the bottom.  I used a catchy little title but now looking back at it I'm not sure it was entirely appropriate?  Thoughts?  Here they are:  I got my lovely background in the first picture from the lovely 3AM Teacher I LOVE her stuff!



 
The kids enjoy creating things.  They told me today that they love doing fun projects at least once a week!  It makes me feel good that I have started doing more activities with them.  I feel like a more effective teacher.  I am so thankful to everyone who shares their ideas and such so I am trying to pay it forward a bit. 

I also wanted to share this web site I LOVE IT I love the noises it makes etc. best of all it is free.  I used it a lot when I taught tech. apps and the kids loved it!  I moved it up to 2nd grade and they love it as well. 

I'm going to be out next Friday and I'm very excited about it.  Mainly because I am not telling the kids I am going to be gone so I can use one of the fabulous Cara Carrolls activities of What happened to Ms. Harris?  I will be posting those sometime soon! 

Since I am going to be out that Friday I want to keep them busy with fun/easy to do independently St. Patty's day activities.  Does anyone have any tips?  I've already used Shamrocks and Smiles from Today in Second Grade and it looks adorable!  Any ideas are greatly appreciated!  I also wanted to say Hello to my new followers and that I hope you find something useful here! 

 Have a fabulous weekend! 


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute! Thank you for stopping by mine. I am your newest follower!
    -Megan

    First Grade Magic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive purchased a St.Patty's day packet from oneextradegree and it had some pretty cool ideas. Try teachingblogaddict..that's where I usually find tons of ideas :)
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete