Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Busy Little Bees

I don't know about ya'll but I've had a lot going on lately!  Mini cheer camp is this week as well as basketball games I am in for some late nights.  I haven't really had time to blog about last weeks activities but there were an abundance of them (hopefully it will make up for the lack of activities this week)

Last week we finished up talking about the water cycle I found this AMAZING foldable on Pinterest which linked me to this blog I watered it down for my Mon-"stars."  They loved making these along with the little water cycle song :)  Here are some of my favorites:



Each flap comes together to make a circle of arrows of the water cycle with the words on the outside.  On the inside flap is what is happening in each stage.  In the middle is a drawing of it going on!  They loved these :)

Concluding on my water cycle unit I found this fun activity on Pinterest too!  We made it "rain"  it went perfectly with the water cycle unit and the kids love anything with shaving cream in it I have discovered. 


The activity on pinterest called for blue food coloring but I thought the kids would have fun making it rain different colors and I was right.  My only suggestion for this activity would be to not make a thick layer of shaving cream. It seemed to be slow at first but once I thinned it out it started "raining" a little heavier.

Last week was also Groundhog Day!  I was really excited because I made my first semi-packet and yes it was free but I had over 800 downloads!  I was thrilled.  I want to make most of everything free because I know I love cute/free things! 

My packet didn't work well (only because it decided to be cloudy most of the day so we couldn't measure shadows)  We did however make these cute little ground hogs that I found from this lovely blog.  The kids love making things over coloring things and I love that they love craftivities!  It makes me feel more creative too!





We also had a little fun while making these ground hogs:
Last but certainly not least I have a confession.  I, Ms. Harris, paid for an activity.  I couldn't help it, it was just cute to pass up as most of her items are.  I am absolutely in love with how these turned out!  You can grab them in her TPT store under Valentine Friends check out her blog here

Here is mine (I couldn't resist making one and the kiddos need an example right!?)

Some of the others:




One of my boys:



My kids are very excited about multiplication this week and division next week it makes them feel big!  I love to see them brag and tell people they are learning multiplication!  One of my students even did gate duty last night and counted money!  They are growing up and learning so much makes me sad that it's almost time to ship them off to third grade! 

Have a fabulous week!







0 comments:

Post a Comment